Thursday, April 23, 2009

wishing that summer would have lasted more then a couple days!

It's back to freezing cold weather here for the next few days. We were going to have a party in the park for Anna's third birthday but we have decided to have it at the house instead. I don't think the kids will have fun if it is only 50 degrees:-)
I've got my potato trenches half dug in the garden. There are still a lot of rocks. I'm glad that all veggies don't need to be planted in trenches. we planted grass along the driveway and filled in the empty spots in the yard. hopefully there will be more green then gray this Summer:-) I'm going to borrow a friends carpet cleaner tomorrow to do my carpets. they are really bad from all the tracking in over the winter and if we are going to have company I wanted it at least presentable. I'm going to make a barbie doll cake for Anna. I will take pictures and post them if they turn out:-)
Steve is working for a few hours on Saturday but then we will try to get to town to get Anna something. Haven't decided for sure yet but we are thinking about a cute little dress. She loves to dress up:-)
I had Anna and Colton help me go through their toys the other day. We are giving some of them to Alicia's kids and some to the Thrift store. I told them to pick out their favorites and the ones that they actually play with. The room looks a lot better. We don't buy many toys for them but they do seem to build up after awhile.
We got our boat out of storage and are looking forward to getting it ready for the lake. It needs a few part but it's pretty much ready to go. Can't wait for sunny summer days on the lake!!
I'm so happy for Rolon and Trina because it looks like they are getting their house and they have sold their trailer. Hopefully they can be moved in with in the month. They are actually moving closer!
Better go get some stuff done before Colton wakes up:-)
The garden Area
Colton watching Rogan
Anna jumping on the trampoline

2 comments:

  1. I am liking your blog more and more everytime I read it.
    We just planted some of our potatoes, apparently we have a lot more to go, lol.
    I am getting into this gardening thing. I recently planted some ecchinacea(sp?) It is an herb that was used as an anti-biotic before the synthetic kind came out. I am so excited about that!
    I am also sick of cold weather! This is suppose to be our first 80 degree day.. I am learning to love sunshine :)
    My sister is a master cake maker, here is a link to her blog about the princess cake she made for our little cousin.

    http://sugarcelebrations.blogspot.com/2009/03/savannas-belle-cake.html

    I hope you have a terrific weekend with LOTS of sunshine!

    and as always, your pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I don't think my cake is going to be that pretty:-) I'm going to try my best but plan to have a back up just in case:-)
    We are going to town when Steve get off work to try to find a Birthday present for her. I really haven't got a clue yet what we'll come home with:-)

    ReplyDelete