Thursday, May 14, 2009

Winter weather

The last few days have felt like winter. I feel bad for everything I planted in the garden. hopefully it will still come up. I talked to some other people in the area and they said everything should be okay but that I shouldn't have planted the g until the end of the month. Oh well if they don't come up by then I'll replant.
This weekend is supposed to be lovely. Rolon and Trina are moving into their new house on Friday. Saturday we are spending the day at Steve's parents house trimming trees and mowing the lawn. Sunday some friends invited us to the lake for a day of R & R.
I started mowing the lawn this morning but the wind is really blowing and the kids want to be inside. I'll try to finish this afternoon.
I'm typing this on a netbook that Steve bought for me from a guy at work. It is such a tiny computer but I'm having fun with it:-)
Last friday I lost my Mother's Ring that Steve got for me last Mothers Day while I was gardening. I was throwing a rock and felt the ring slip of. After many hours and 2 days of looking we brought home a metal detector from a friend. We still couldn't find it. Finally I was ready to look anywhere and picked up the garden rake to get it out of the way of the metal detector and there was my ring under the rake. Somehow the ring had gone in a totally different direction then I had thrown the rock. I'm really happy to have my Mothers ring back. It was the best gift I could get for Mothers Day:-)
I have some great pictures but don't know how to get them on the netbook yet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment