Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home from Millican

The kids and I decided (or rather I did) to follow Steve and Nathan up to their camp at the Black Powder Rendezvous. It is about an hour and 15 minutes from here so it was a nice little trip. They are about 4 miles off the main road on a 1000 acres of private land. It is pretty much all juniper and sagebrush with mud in between:-) I thought that there would be 25-50 people there but Uncle Pete said they are expecting around 300! In past year they have had around 700 people there. It was funny to see the people walking around in the buckskins and coon skin caps. Anna was a little freaked:-) It was a good day and always nice to see Uncle Pete. Steve and Nathan are sleeping in a Canvas tent with a little wood stove in it and Pete is sleeping in his trailer. They are due back on Saturday evening.
We posted an ad online last night to find a new home for our Boxer. I feel sad about it but he jumps out all the time plus there are a few other issues. He's not mean or even aggressive. We've had him for about 3 months and we've broke some of his bad habits but he just isn't bonding well. I have a friend that wants him and I know that they can give him a good home but they already have a male boxer so they need to make sure they get along. Even though I want him to find another home I want it to be a good home so we already turned away a few people that I think just wanted him because he was free. Poor dog. I have major guilt giving him up but I think he needs to be with someone who can really spend a lot of time with him.
Well I better go feed the kids. I'm posting some pictures below:-)
Pete put one of his fur caps on Colton
Mt Jefferson on the trip home from Millican
This is Millican, no one lives there it is an old abandoned store and gas station along Highway 20
Nathan and Uncle Pete talking
Anna and Colton playing in the Snow
Colton, Steve, Anna and Nathan sitting in the tent checking out Uncle Pete's black powder rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment