Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday's Monday's

Monday's are always kind of hard, Steve goes back to work. The kids are cranky after being out and about on the weekends. Staying up late and missing naps:-)
This morning Anna woke up with a cough and stuffy nose. I have tried to keep them germ free but I'm not sure that is possible. Last year they were sick all winter it seemed so I vowed I would try my best to keep them well this year. Oh well, they need to build their immune systems up and the only way that can really happen is for them to get sick occasionally.
We had a nice weekend, Steve had Friday off and then we had Chris and Charity over for dinner on Saturday, we played Scrabble and Steve beat me at it. That never happens! I'm a sore loser. Sunday Dawn and Jon came to visit, Dawn is 7 months pregnant now. They are having a boy and his name will be (is) Gabriel. Leah and Hannah are getting excited about their new baby brother.
Today the kids and I are staying home. I figure that Colton will probably get sick next so better to let them rest. Steve should be home around 4 so maybe we'll go out for a walk.
Hopefully the kids will be feeling better by Thursday so that we can go to Jason and Carrie's going away party at Robert and Peggy's. Jason and Carrie are moving to Alaska on the 16th.
Yesterday was Tyler's 16th birthday, Steve called him last night. Maybe we'll go take him out next weekend. He said his grade are not very good, I wish we could help but I don't think he cares. He hates school.
Well I better sign off and get a few things done while Colton is napping.

1 comment:

  1. no kid is safe from germs. My sisters kids are always sick. I am feeling like I'm coming down with a cold myself :(
    I am also a bit of a sore loser, whenever Timothy and I play chess, he ALWAYS wins, and it is so frustrating!!! lol

    ReplyDelete